Friday, August 28, 2009

Chris Gardner


Christopher Paul Gardner born February 9, 1954 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin is a self-made millionaire, entrepreneur, motivational speaker, and philanthropist who, during the early 1980s, struggled with homelessness while raising his toddler son, Christopher, Jr. Gardner's book of memoirs, "The Pursuit of Happyness."

As of 2006, he is CEO of his own stockbrokerage firm, Gardner Rich & Co, based in Chicago, Illinois, where he resides when he is not living in New York City. Gardner credits his tenacity and success to the 'spiritual genetics' handed down to him by his mother, Bettye Jean Triplett, née Gardner,and to the high expectations placed on him by his children, son Chris Jr. and daughter Jacintha.Gardner's personal struggle of establishing himself as a stockbroker while managing fatherhood and homelessness is such a fact of reality which made me adore this man !

Magical words of Chris Gardner which he quoted, could inspire everyone , even a child : -

1. "I was homeless , but wasnt hopeless , I knew a better day was coming."
2. "It's ok to fail , but you cant quit.....and most importantly you cant quit on yourself".
3. "The cavalry ain't coming. You got to do this yourself".
4. "Baby steps count , as long as you are moving forward. You add them all up , one day you look back and you will be surprised at where you might get to".
5. "Though my mom had too many of her own dreams denied , deferred and destroyed , she instilled in me that I could have dreams. Not just dreams but had a responsibility to make them a reality. My mom taught me from an early age that I could do anything I wanted to do."
With so many people wondering why their life aren't what they'd hoped to be , Gardner is a model and an idea that you can do anything to which you set your mind , but you have to do it no matter what , even if you have to do it yourself , alone !