Friday, August 21, 2009

Remembering my first driving test in US

19th August is the day I got through my written test at DMV Santa Clara, *phewwwww* that was a lot of hard work ! The pressure was so high coming from the man of the house ! Well , I had all the interest to read any other book including magazines and novels BUT not the DMV book.

I know driving illegally in the US is against the law ( which I did it in fact by having only one year validity International Driving Licence from Malaysia ) therefore I started getting all geared up to be a good resident of California :D

Married to a person who is always busy , I did not even choose to train myself with a driving instructor ! My heart was pounding out because the man of my house fixed my road driving test immediately as I passed my written test.

He promised me to teach me driving on the road which I am seeing for the first time ! The rules are so different here than to Malaysia , obviously back home we followed the left hand traffic contrast to the right hand traffic in the US...*bangs forehead*.

Finally , I told myself that I might not pass this road test for the first time..... may I need a couple of trainings with the instructor , I mean with a real driving school instructor. Time was passing by , the head of my home , my dear dear dearest husband did not turn up on time , which he promised teach me at 4 and finally he arrived at 6.30 pm.

On the road.....rounding on the same Pomeroy , Flora Vista , Calabazas , on El Camino Real , the same mistakes I've been repeating with tears in my eye ( though a man can love you like a Shah Jahan , when we make mistakes , we bear the consequences of it ! ). For the real first time I saw extra frustrations on his face. Okay... I thought I am not going to pass test...*anger*

Next morning , my driving test fixed at 11.30 am. I started my day as usual with hubby driving up till DMV.... he was praying that I should not get a lady tester... because they will fail everyone. Guess what..........exactly the same lady tester came to take me up on the road !!!! Oh gosh , this time my heart was pounding up like anything......and instead of remembering the rules , the road and my confidence , my heart was jumping in the name of 'rama rama rama' I was communicating with God internally :))

I started driving the car , it was too bright and I've forgotten to carry my shades in the tension of the test. I speeded up at the corner of the road where the radar indicated I was driving at 29 mph where I need to be at 25 mph only ! Then parking test on Homestead Road... unprotected left turning... gosh what not that my head and heart boiled in the heat !

Finally.....finally..... I came out passing at 96% ( which qualifies me to be a driving instructor in California ). I could not believe that I did it. Call it luck , prayers or just I did it with caution.... I finally came out smiling from the car joking with my lady tester who passed me generously saying that my eyes are unique green...lol... , she said I did it very carefully.

Aaaaahhhhh..........what a relief !!!! Thanks a bunch to my everdearest love , for all that tears , tensions and pain. Finally I am a legal driver in California !