Thursday, December 13, 2012

Adding my wishlist + attitude = Happy Me !

I can call myself  as a big fan of  gratitude exercise. Yes, I still remember the gifts from my uncles and friends as a kid. I remember people who've been there during my toughest times. I spend a decent amount of time thinking about what I’m grateful for; I do it almost every day. There are countless documented benefits of such practices, from reducing depression and anxiety to lowering blood pressure and improving your social bonds,  according to brand new research. Also, it just feels good.

I do miss the good old days where things were just as it is. Good enough to be called best days. At times, I feel having wishes will only upset me when I dont get them or things done in the way I wanted it to be! What I'm grateful for right this moment..........?

  • The good morning wake up - whenever Bee's next to me, I'm half asleep , he would wake me up and at times checks my forehead to see I'm fine or not. I know that can be soooo annoying but I'm grateful that my hubby checks me out first thing in the morning. What a beautiful way to start my day. Just like Bee, my mom checks on time to time on how I am and what I do. Done with lunch/dinner etc.
  • The yoga asana - thought me to appreciate my body, mind and soul. Each movement thought me on my inner self, realizing what I'm made of, the vedic way of  seeing the body beyond the outer self.
  • Food - I know I grab the quick junkfood, the cup cake when I'm down but hey, pampering myself once a while is a good way satisfying hunger cravings. Moderation is the key!
  • My prayers - I take a good amount of time reading the vedic slokas ( 20 mins ) at least on special days , I'm grateful for that. My ability to connect god in my mind and heart gives me the strength to overcome the toughest hurdle which at times is my weakest point too.
  • My body - at times I'm super light that I could run around doing things but there are days I feel so bloated and dull. Aging ? Err.... it's time to start back my gym once I'm back to the US. Right now, I appreciate my mood which let me write this down!
2013 , I'm going to change my approach. Instead of pointing out things that I like, I'm going to  focus on what I'd like to have in my life. Now or later !