Thursday, December 13, 2012

Managing Stress : My last vacation !

Vacation ? Sounds like Greek to me ! I cant remember the last time I took a real vacation. I'm not speaking about visiting parents or go see friends for a weekend, but a real proper check-out from the world !

Vacation should be really happy days out where you need not compromise with someone to have lunch or dinner in the same restaurant ! Well, we've had not so nice experience joining another couple to Utah and Las Vegas. Holidays are best with couples alone or the group should be consisting of  like minded people. Anyway it was good enough to see Utah :)

When I was little , it seems that my parents took me out for trips most of the time especially during the school holidays! But these days, especially after getting married.....................hmmmm NOT so much !! Blame it on Bee's IT job or the US economy, or just plain words, technically working on honeymoon is no fun at all ! Of course, like many people, one reason I’m not always flying the coop to some faraway islands is finances. Money’s been tight these past few years (I know I’m not alone there), and until recently I didn’t have the security of a steady income. Bee on the other side might be fearing of the angry bosses ! ha ha !

Yes, we have been talking about managing stress ( for years ) but rejuvenating the honeymoon trip is a weak spot I guess ! Stress, stress , stress, do yoga, go walking , meditate, find a new hobby, I wish there was a magical cure for stress ! So many things to do with so little time in our hands right now.

I miss the good old days where we would just walk in the park holding hands. The work pattern changed where when he's free , I'm busy and vice versa. This is never going to end if we dont set our priorities up. Bee listen up , "I'm taking a real-vacation" is going to be my NEW YEAR RESOLUTION ! 2013 , wait for me, I'm hoping you will be the best year of  all !!