Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ganesh Chathurthi Sep 19th, 2012

I got up so early , last night I slept off  when the clock  ticked off 3 am. I was exhausted after the shopping @ Little India. Speak about the crowd, I truly miss my childhood place , the people and the decent environment. Cissy helped me to carry the stuffs and by 10 pm we've reached home. Somehow I had the energy to clean up the altar and sort things out.

My second Ganesha
Today morning was quite challenging as cooking naivedhyams took all my time. By 10.35 am I started Ganesha and completed my 2nd Mangala Gauri vratham. I was just tired by noon.

The day's gonna be super hectic later as mom , boy , Sheg mams and myself  went to Masjid India :) Within half and hour boy dropped us off home and rushed for an interview By the time I came home, my first Ganesha wasn't in the right shape :(  No, I'm going to make another one. The white Ganesha , everyone at home just loved him as he looked more of  Bala Ganapathi.

Our head priest Ganesh on chariot, he missed Bee as he wanted Bee to sit on this chariot, Bee you've missed your golden chance! Hope we fulfill this another time soon.

My astonishingly beautiful Pillaiyar.
The evening scenario was - yes, he was offered job in Astro and then Neelacca came, I successfully gave the planned tamboolams and everyone including mom went to Ganesha temple.The final one, okay I am going to temple ( 9 ish then )....... I gave  Sarada's mom! Temple was so crowded and I received a cute yellow garland. Karpaga Pillayar looked astonishingly beautiful, grand. I cant stop admiring his beauty. Since the chariot left at 7.30 pm, I walked all by myself to meet mom at MGS school junction. To my surprise I met my schoolmate Kumoo family, Moorthy aunty and the whole bunch of known faces. We were too tired then. By 11.30 we came home and gosh...........I could feel my bones. End of the day, I'm happy that my vratham completed successfully....the joy of seeing Ganesha in KL, that's like after 5 years....the last chathurthi in 2006 , the day I stepped out of home recovering the viral fever, only to see Ganesha:)


The day is over, here I am writing up reminiscing good old memories of growing pains in Kuala Lumpur , the bitter sweet memories and the glorious days. I first danced at Pillaiyar temple when I was 5 ! We still have the right of first kids of  the temple! Bee just passed on a good news from Phoenix, Az.....:)) Well, lot more good things I'm awaiting for, the recent one is the farewell party of a green monster and yes, I will be bidding her a safe good bye! Thank you Pillaiyar, you've printed a bag of memories this year. Bless us for successful years ahead. Happy Birthday Ganapathi!!!